Friday, May 8, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow?

A while back we built garden boxes and planted some seeds and plants in our garden. A few things have been growing. Our first vegetables were the radishes. I ate one and they are hot. I guess I'm the only one who will eat them. Peas should be ready soon. I also have been planting flowers in our flower beds. One of my favorite things to do is to go outside without any kids in tow and water the flowers and see how they're growing. Sometimes the kids find me and want to help. I do let them, but I am a little selfish for "my time" and sneak out when I can. My friend Sheila takes beautiful photos of flowers so I thought I would take some of mine. The kids thought I was crazy for doing so, but they are pretty and yes, sometimes I'm crazy.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Your flowers are beautiful. Doesn't spring just make you happy with all the fresh new color and life? I don't thinkk you are crazy, it is called copeing!

Jenny said...

You are getting good at taking pictures. I need to do a better job. I took a great one of the kids yesterday that I am going to get on my blog when I have more than a minute! I also love going out and looking at my flowers but right now there are mostly weeds. I will plant this week!