Saturday, October 2, 2010

St. George Marathon


Mike and I ran the St. George Marathon today for the 5th and hopefully final time. This poster is what was waiting for us when we woke up at 4:30am. Thank you Kenzie!

We weren't really excited about this marathon
because we hadn't done a couple of long runs. Mike's longest run was 16 miles and mine was 15 miles. We really should have put in an 18 and 20 miler. The weather at the start line was warm, but that proved to be a bad thing when it really heated up. Our weather here has still been in the 100's and high 90's. We ran well, making good time until mile 22. That was when our race ended. Mike's legs were hurting and he was out of energy. I had energy, but the I T band on my left leg cramped up when we stopped to walk. That was when we started walking the last 4 miles. We ended the race by running the last 200 yards to the finish line together!

We got our worst time ever, but I am happy to say that we survived. On a good note, neither one of us had any blisters either. Noah is supposed to remind Mike not to sign up for the marathon next year, and Jenny is supposed to remind me. I am hoping that when the time comes we will still remember the pain and determination we had to NEVER DO IT AGAIN!

3 comments:

McQuivey Family said...

You still had the energy to blog about it! You guys rock! Mayors walk 2011. Start training on the walk!

Jenny said...

Yes! I will be reminding you! I think maybe it is kind of like having babies though. You forget what it takes to get them here, just the great feeling you have when you hold them:). Let's be done with both! Glad you finished. I saw how hot it was going to be and was worried for you. Enjoy some relaxing today.

Michele said...

You are as crazy as me and I don't doubt you will do it again. Job well done you two!